Abundant life for the rest of your life.
Psychology and Aging.
Some links that we've found useful:
Concerning Psychology in general:
Concerning Mental Health and Older Adults:
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- AARP Caregiving
- APA Public Interest: Office on Aging
(information on aging and psychotherapy, depression/suicide, human sexuality, insomnia,
long-term care resources)
Institute on Aging (Age Pages on topics such as alcohol use/abuse, depression,
forgetfulness, and sexuality; many in both English and Spanish)
- Geriatric Mental Health Foundation
(consumer information sponsored by American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry)
- Alzheimer's Association
- National Center for Creative Aging,
an organization that supports and promotes the vitality of older people through
American Society on Aging (ASA)'s Lesbian and Gay Aging Issues Network (LGAIN)
Web Guide and Online Resources
- Spirituality & Health magazine's
site for article archives (with free registration), reviews, e-courses, and self-tests
- The Infinite Mind, an award-winning
program heard on public radio (NPR), covering mental health in its broadest sense,
with admirable depth and sensitivity
In the Chicagoland area:
Willow Wellness Center
- Touchstones, an inter-faith collaboration
offering events and workshops for all people, encouraging in them a deeper understanding
of diverse faith traditions; based in Glenview, IL.
- Psychological Consultations, experts
in psychological testing and therapy with the HIV+ community.
1400 Renaissance Drive, Suite 401, Park Ridge, IL 60068
(847) 318-8200 Fax: (847) 318-9170